WHAT IS COLOR CODING?
Color Coding is a visual coding system which reduces language & literacy barrier when training different kind of people of the same institution in proper cleaning processes. It helps the operator in quick selection of the appropriate equipment to clean different areas.
WHY COLOR CODING?
Color Coding is very important while cleaning as it helps in preventing cross contamination, improves employee’s performance, increases safety of the property, reduces chemical use and mis-use, etc.
HOW TO FOLLOW COLOR CODING?
Color Coding is Defined by 4 Colors, i.e., Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
Red for High Risk Areas
Suitable for Sanitary Fittings & Washrooms Floors
Blue for General Low Risk Areas
Suitable for Rooms, Receptions, Lobby, Corridors
Green for Food Areas
Suitable for Food & Bar Areas, Restaurants, Kitchens, Cafes, Etc
Yellow for Medium Risk Areas
Suitable for Wash Basins & Washroom Surfaces, Tubs, Sinks
ADVANTAGES OF USE OF COLOR CODING
1. Enhances Building Safety – color coding reduces the risk of accidents arising from the misuse of tools or chemicals in the wrong area. For instance, by preventing the use of greasy kitchen mops on entryway floors, smart color can lower the incidence of potentially expensive “slip & fall” accidents.
2. Deters chemical misuse – color reduces the transfer of harmful substances by isolating potentially hazardous cleaning chemicals into their appropriate areas.
3. Simplifies supply management – by keeping cleaning tools in their proper areas, smart color allows custodial departments to keep better track of their equipment and supplies. Productivity increases when employees no longer have to search for misplaced tools or proper cleaning equipment.
4. Preserves facility assets – color protects valuable assets by reducing the risk of using proper chemicals or applications on floors and other surfaces. Floor finishing supplies can be color coded to eliminate confusion with floor stripping supplies to preserve the appearance of high priced specialty flooring.
5. Elevates employee performance – smart color enhances the professional appearance of employees and increases their efficiency by making it easy to organize the cleaning process. Ergonomic tool design also reduces fatigue and injury to boost productivity.